On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 08:59:27AM -0700, Alan Evans wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Ed Greshko <ed.gres...@greshko.com> wrote:
>
> > On 05/23/16 07:07, Alan Evans wrote:
> >
> > > Or rather, I can rename them, but then I can't access them.

> I haven't tried a link to an application. In my case:
>
> Right-click on Desktop, Create New --> Folder.
> Name the folder "foo".
> Click on foo, opens File Manager in foo directory. Close that.
> Right-click on foo, Rename. "bar"
> Click on bar... Error.
> (After reboot, clicking on bar works.)
>
> Same thing happens with Create New --> Text File.
>
> This condition exists in my login and my wife's login, since I'm not sure
> when.

It sounds like the file manager doesn't refresh its list
of files in the current directory after your rename.

What if you force a refresh.  Say leave the FM and reenter.
Or switch to several directories and return to the one
containing "bar".  Or create another file/directory.
Gee, I wonder if you could get two "bar" files by
creating another one while the FM doesn't acknowledge
the first one.

jl
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jo...@jgcomp.com