After completing the fedora 24 upgrade on a fedora 23 system there was no graphical login and the system appeared to be running in console mode (run level 3).

I have always used KDE as the display manager and desktop. I noticed a similar problem posted but none of its recommendations were appropriate for my system.

I found the graphical.target set as the default (systemctl get-default). Then I noticed the graphical.target expects to have a display-manager.service but the display-manager.service file was missing. from the /etc/systemd/system directory.

I copied the /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service file from a fedora 23 system and enabled the service (systemctl enable display-manager.service). Started the service (systemctl start display-manager.service) and poof the graphical kde login manager and desktop returned.

Should this get posted as a bug or is the kde login manager expected to disappear with wayland?