On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 11:50:14PM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I have set up a system with F24 and installed Xfce.  My old system is
> running F22 with Xfce, so a bit of a jump.
>
> But on a lot of dialogs it is saying that Cinnamon is running?
>
> Apps are different like Nemo rather than Thudar?
>
> System tray on the bottom not top and a few other oddities.
>
> Did I really get Xfce?  Has it changed that much?

I'm sure there are others, but here are two suggestions.

I notice for 4 environments on my F24 system (gnome, mate,
plasma, and cinnamon), each set the environment variable
DESKTOP_SESSION.  Unfortunately I don't have xfce installed
to check it.

At the login screen, after your user id is selected or
typed in, but before entering your password, look for
an icon that drops down a menu of available desktop
environments.  It will default to your most recent
session and you can select a different one if desired.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jo...@jgcomp.com