I've had this problem, possibly in a slightly different manner, with F23/24
and KDE.  My problem might be a bit different since I have a dongle
connected to my Mini-DP port that splits to two HDMI outs since I have two
large external monitors.  I have a VGA port on mine, but that port doesn't
support the 1900x1200 resolution these monitors have.

My problem is after a reboot, the Xorg config gets all jacked up I end up
having to pull the mini-DP cable from the port, let the display reset to
the laptop display, then re-connect the port.  Most of the time that resets
all the displays so I can use them.  That may be more KDE related, but it's
annoying as hell.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 11:08 PM, Frederic Muller <f...@cm17.com> wrote:

> On 09/14/2016 09:56 AM, Frederic Muller wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I use a X1 Carbon 3rd gen and since the latest kernel update (maybe a
> > week ago) the Mini DisplayPort does not work when connected at startup.
> > Sometimes I can indeed connected my external monitor once I log in and
> > it works, sometimes I have to boot with the previous kernel. I haven't
> > troubleshooted much but was wondering if it was just me, or other were
> > seeing the same behavior.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Fred
> >

> Hi!
>
> Not sure whether my post made it to the list. Got a new kernel yesterday
> and same problem occurs. Any hint?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred
> --

Mark Haney ::: Senior Systems Engineer
*VIF* *International Education*
P.O. Box 3566 ::: Chapel Hill, N.C. 27515 ::: USA
919-265-5006 office

Global learning for all.
www.viflearn.com
Find VIF on Facebook <http://facebook.com/VIFInternationalEducation> |