On 21 Sep 2016 12:56 pm, "Adel ESSAFI" <adeless...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear list
> I have installed a guest windows xp system on my fedora 24 machine.
>
> I configured libvirt to run automatically at boot phase and it worked fine
>
> [etudiant@localhost ~]$  lsmod | grep kvm
> kvm_intel             184320  3
> kvm                   552960  1 kvm_intel
> irqbypass              16384  1 kvm
>
> I want to know, now, if it is possible to make a non-root user
> (etudiant in my case) to connect to the guest VM with no need to set
> the root password.

So far as I recall the default polkit rules for libvirtd allow connections
if the user is in the libvirt group.

You'll also want to set an environment variable so that the default libvirt
connection will be system rather than session.

This article I wrote a fair while back should help with configuration of
polkit for libvirt

https://www.hogarthuk.com/?q=node/2