On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 22:49:29 +0800 Ed Greshko <ed.gres...@greshko.com> wrote:

> On 09/24/16 22:39, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > I have an ASUS R503U which originally came with a Windoze8.1 installation.
> > I have no need for it so I scrapped it. I also, consequently have no need
> > for EFI.
> >
> > I was wondering if it is required for me to install Fedora 24 on an EFI
> > system. I can not seem to get out of EFI so maybe what I am looking to do
> > is not possible. Is it possible to do the same in an old grub setup.
> >
> > Many thanks and best wishes,
>
> FWIW, google "asus r503u disable uefi" and you'll find how to disable uefi
> for ASUS
> hardware.  It seems it can be done, just that you need the "magic"
> incantation to get it
> done.  :-)

Magic indeed! I tried these tips actually, but it did not seem to make much of
a difference. I guess I will try and get the potions right.

Is there any long-term advantage to install on EFI? I do not have Windoze
installed and I do no want it on the machine.

I seem to know about EFI even less than I do about Windoze.

Best wishes,
Ranjan