I have just discovered (one of?) the reasons plasmashell was eating so much
cpu and memory on my system.
I have dual monitors and in circa FC20 I could get a panel on both screens
then something happened (and I suspect I tried apparently unsuccessfully  to
restore a panel to one of the screens) and pretty well from then on the
plasmashell problem grew.
After looking on the kde lists for a clue as to what the problem might be (I
notice its a "well known bug") I espied recently a comment about someone
deleting a panel and finding there was another panel underneath!!!!
So I deleted the panel on the screen that had one - lo' it was "still there" -
I deleted that ..... for about 10 of them!!!!!
The last one disappeared - but I could restore it (undo the delete) Now with
just one panel my kde desktop has finally reverted to sanity after about 6
months!
I will now try to work out exactly what happened and when it happened.

Anyone else seen this?