On 10/11/2016 08:19 PM, Tim Evans wrote:
> On 10/11/2016 10:55 AM, Roberto Ragusa wrote:

>> In my case I see instants of black screen on a Lenovo P50 with
>> Fedora 24, using Intel graphics.
>>
>> Looks like a refresh problem, or maybe something related to switching
>> the panel to the right gfx adapter (there is a dormant nvidia too,
>> with nouveau blacklisted).
>>
>> My compositor is kwin.
>>

> Thank you, Roberto.  My T530 also has Intel graphics, but I have not
> installed the Nvidia drivers--only the Nouveau that was installed at install
> time. Not sure what you mean about "switching" adaptors.

I do not have the nvidia binary driver ("dormant nvidia" was referring to
hardware).
I blacklisted nouveau, so only the Intel graphics is available.

By "switching" I was intending that when you have two graphics adapter, the
physical
connection of the LCD panel to the adapter output happens through a switcher,
controlled by software. Having some moments of black screen, I was wondering
if the switch was going to nvidia and back to intel for some strange reason.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it