Le 14/10/2016 à 11:34, Gary Stainburn a écrit :
> On Friday 14 October 2016 09:11:08 Franc3a7ois Patte wrote:
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> I have just installed googleearth (stable current) from an rpm
>> downloaded from google-earth site.
>>
>> It seems to work, but if I ask for a location, it always zooms at the
>> same place: somewhere in the atlantic ocean south of Africa, south of
>> the Ivory coast.
>>
>> Is it a bug? Is there something to configure?
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> I believe that GoogleEarth tries to detect your location and default to
> there.
> If it cannot do it by any other means I think it takes the location from your
> IP address.

No! This is not the problem I have: when I open googleearth, it centers
on France which is a good choice if it tries first to take my location
from IP address.

*But* if I search a location, say Paris, it goes in the Atlantic ocean,
south of the Ivory coast.

> Does your ISP have an office on a ship?

I'll send it a mail to enquire about this!

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique