Two headline features of Fedora 25 are:

- Wayland by default
- Initial support for PRIME offload rendering for NVIDIA Optimus
laptops

My laptop has a dual GPU setup (Skylake + GTX 970), but I can't seem to
start a Wayland session at all. GDM even runs using Xorg, and the
"GNOME" session logs in using Xorg.

I checked my initramfs, but it includes the drm module, as well as both
kernel modules: nouveau.ko and i915.ko. From a console session, I can
start weston (weston-launch), but I can't start gnome-shell (dbus-run-
session -- gnome-shell --display-server --wayland). It errors with:

mutter-WARNING **: Can't initialize KMS backend: could not find drm kms
device.

The Wayland session worked in F24, so I'm guessing this is because of
the dual-GPU support enabled in F25. Should these two features be
mutually exclusive? Should I expect wayland *or* GPU render offloading?