On 27/11/16 16:29, Stephen Davies wrote:
On 27/11/16 15:29, Ed Greshko wrote:

On 11/27/16 12:50, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 11/26/2016 08:48 PM, Stephen Davies wrote:
Both of these worked fine with F23. The upgrade somehow broke them.
Nothing else has changed since yesterday when everything worked as
expected.

Yes, there was some change from 23 to 24 that sometimes caused that
problem.  Try
enabling sddm or find out which window manager is used for login for KDE.

Well, FWIW, any window manager will work just fine.  I have two systems
installed with
both GNOME and KDE as options.  One is running GDM and the other SDDM.  No
issues.

I'm not certain, but I believe F23 used to use KDM.

So, yes, the OP should ensure that one of those are enabled and that it
started properly.

[egreshko@meimei ~]$ systemctl status sddm
● sddm.service - Simple Desktop Display Manager
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/sddm.service; enabled; vendor
preset: ena
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2016-11-22 07:37:06 CST; 5 days ago
     Docs: man:sddm(1)
           man:sddm.conf(5)
 Main PID: 1257 (sddm)
    Tasks: 3 (limit: 512)
   CGroup: /system.slice/sddm.service
           ├─1257 /usr/bin/sddm
           └─5283 /usr/libexec/Xorg -nolisten tcp -auth
/var/run/sddm/{16a38934-d60d

Nov 22 07:37:06 meimei systemd[1]: Started Simple Desktop Display Manager.

for example.

I think you are correct regarding F23 in that I have KDM installed (but now
disabled) but neither GDM nor SDDM is installed.

I shall try installing and enabling SDDM.

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen

Installing SDDM did the trick.
I didn't need to enable it. The install did that too.