On 12/01/2016 10:08 AM, Jim Simmons wrote:
So does that mean SmartCard authentication is no longer possible in
Fedora, or is there another method I'm missing?  I know pam_pkcs11
isn't ideal, but if you're required to use smartcards I believe it is
needed.

I don't use smart cards, but a quick search found that there was a change announced in Fedora 20 to use SSSD for smart card authentication. I would suggest trying to configure sssd for your usage.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SSSD_Smart_Card_Support

authconfig has configuration settings for SmartCard authentication but
they're grayed out unless the pam_pkcs11 module is installed.

A bug should definitely be opened to fix that to either remove it or configure it using sssd.