On 12/01/2016 06:20 PM, Max Pyziur wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Dec 2016, Howard Howell wrote:
>
>> Hi, guys,
>>     After googling this issue on upgrading fedora, working until
>> 2:30 this morning, and not getting anywhere, I hope you guys can help.
>>
>>     I followed the guide:
>> https://fedoramagazine.org/upgrading-fedora-24-fedora-25/
>>     using the gnome terminal.
>>     things seemed to go well, until I got to the command
>>
>>     # dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=25
>>
>>     It went through the usual steps, I answered y and it completed,
>> but then it prompted me with an error message about google earth and
>> said to retry with --allowerasing, which I did, but still got the same
>> error message:
>>     warning: /var/lib/dnf/system-upgrade/google-earth-stable-
>> 6.0.3.2197-0.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 7fac5991:
>> NOKEY
>> The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful
>> transaction.
>> You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
>> Error: Public key for google-earth-stable-6.0.3.2197-0.x86_64.rpm is
>> not installed
>>
>>     So I did a gpg install for the public key of google-earth.
>>     Same error message.
>>     just to try I did:
>>     #dnf system-upgrade reboot
>>
>>     No joy.  Spent several hours googling for the error, for the
>> issue with gpg key, various other related lookups, but didn't find
>> anything that helped.
>>
>>     So!! Help!!!!
>
> I had the same problem. Since it has been a week or so, and memory is
> getting creaky ...
>
> There is a new version of Google Earth (ver 7?, someone help me). It
> doesn't use the google-earth.repo
>
> So, I removed/backup up the google-earth.repo from /etc/yum.repos.d/
> directory.
>
> dnf removed google-earth-stable (I think that's the right name)
>
> and!
>
> went into the /var/lib/dnf/system-upgrade (I think) and rm'd the
> google-earth package that was sitting there.
>
> From memory, that's what worked for me (but YMMV)
>
> Once the upgrade completed, and everything seemed to be functioning
> correctly, I then did a
> dnf install <Path/And/Name/Of/google-earth-stable> package that I
> downloaded from the Google Earth page.
>

>> Regards,
>> Les H
>

> Max Pyziur
> p...@brama.com

Max,

First off, let's start with the fact that article you linked [0] LEFT
out a very important step,  /*disabling *//*ALL*//*3rd party and
*//*copr*//*repos*/ */_PRE_/* upgrade.

So to use my layout as an example, the missing _/Step 1a/_ would
comprise of:

    dnf repolist
    negativo17 -
    Steam

    27 kB/s | 8.2 kB     00:00
    Jitsi

    6.6 kB/s | 3.9 kB     00:00
    repo id                                                repo
    name
    status
    *fedora                                                Fedora 25 -
    x86_64                                                       51,669
    fedora-spotify                                         negativo17 -
    Spotify                                                          5
    fedora-steam                                           negativo17 -
    Steam                                                           20
    google-chrome-beta
    google-chrome-beta

    3
    google-talkplugin
    google-talkplugin

    1
    jitsi
    Jitsi

    6
    keybase
    keybase

    1
    *rpmfusion-free                                        RPM Fusion
    for Fedora 25 - Free                                             541
    *rpmfusion-free-updates                                RPM Fusion
    for Fedora 25 - Free - Updates                                    40
    *rpmfusion-nonfree                                     RPM Fusion
    for Fedora 25 - Nonfree                                          169
    *rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                             RPM Fusion
    for Fedora 25 - Nonfree - Updates                                 11
    *updates                                               Fedora 25 -
    x86_64 - Updates                                              3,567

and for an dnf system-upgrade I'd do:

sudo dnf config-manager
--set-disabled={keybase,fedora-\*,Jitsi,negativo17-\*,google-\*,
rpmfusion-\*}  --set-enabled={fedora,updates}

sudo dnf system-upgrade --refresh --releasever=25 download

sudo dnf system-upgrade reboot

sudo dnf system-upgrade clean

<finished>

[0] https://fedoramagazine.org/upgrading-fedora-24-fedora-25/

--
Corey Sheldon
Freelance IT Consultant, FamNa, Hacktivist

re-distrubution is discouraged unless requested in the the
correspondence in question.