On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 14:21:37 -0800
Paolo Galtieri <pgalti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried logging in as myself using the Gnome Classic desktop and
> firefox still crashes.  I created a new user and after logging in as
> that user I ran firefox and it still crashes.

I don't have any more ideas for testing the installed version of
firefox.  Now that you've done all these trial corrective measures,
could you run, in a text terminal,
/usr/bin/firefox -safe-mode,
and cut and paste the output here when / if it crashes?

And, if you are comfortable using an analysis tool, you could try
mozregression. It uses the latest development build of firefox called
nightly, and runs it on your system.  It's run from a terminal on your
gui.  At the link below, there is also a gui version that I've never
used, that might be easier for you.

Using it from the command line is dead simple, but installing it
requires that you use pip. This isn't hard either, but if you don't
want it cluttering your system, you should use the --user opttion.

Here is a link to mozregression.
https://github.com/mozilla/mozregression

If the latest version of nightly doesn't run on your system, there is a
dependency issue.  Nightly runs just fine on my F25 system.

Here's a link to mozilla's help.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-keeps-crashing-startup#firefox:linux:fx52

A link for how to use pip to install under $HOME.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7143077/how-can-i-install-packages-in-my-home-folder-with-pip

Pip documentation.
https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/user_guide/

One more idea.
Go to
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=37
and download an older firefox package for f25.

Then run
dnf -C downgrade [firefox package name]
from the directory where the firefox package is, as root.
See if the older version works.