On 4/7/17 3:39 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 04/07/17 12:32, Frédéric Bron wrote:
gnutls has this on its web page:
Support for TLS 1.2, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.0, and SSL 3.0 protocols

I have
Name        : gnutls
Version     : 3.5.10
Release     : 1.fc25
installed.

Do you have gnutls installed?
gnutls:
Version     : 3.5.10
Release     : 1.fc25
Repo        : @System

openssl:
Version     : 1.0.2k
Release     : 1.fc25
Repo        : @System

nss:
Version     : 3.29.3
Release     : 1.1.fc25
Repo        : @System

firefox:
Version     : 52.0.2
Release     : 2.fc25
Repo        : @System

This morning, I had to try 6-7 times before getting the page
https://docs.python.org/2/library/shutil.html in firefox
Just to add to the thread, I tried the above site in Firefox and it displayed fine. I'm on F25 and I'm using Firefox 55.0a1.

regards,
Steve

One would think that if this really was a "fedora" issue then many
others would be seeing the same problem.  I've not seen evidence for that.

You said you have a Windows system that doesn't have the problem.  I'm
assuming you only have those 2 systems.  Could you boot an F25 Live
image on that machine to see if it also exhibits the problem?

Have you had a look at network traffic to see if you're getting many
packets being re-transmitted?  A while back we had a system that worked
perfectly well most of the time downloading files using ftp.  Only when
certain compressed files would be corrupt.  Turned out to be a bad
network card.