On Sat, 27 May 2017 18:09:22 -0700
stan <stanl-fedorau...@vfemail.net> wrote:

> How did you mask it?  It isn't there in systemctl -a -t service,
> even though there is a file in /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services.  I
> manually disable it each time it updates by moving the file to a .bak
> version, so masking it would be a lot easier.  Also, there is now a
> kde PackageKit file in /usr/share/dbus-1/services, and it also runs
> automatically, so I now do the same there.

For completeness, if someone searches later, it turns out that the -a /
--all option to systemctl doesn't really mean *all* service files.  To
get a list of all unit files for services it is necessary to use the
list-unit-files command,
systemctl list-unit-files
Doing that shows that packagekit is the name for the PackageKit
program, and masking that works as Samuel said.