On 06/23/2017 11:08 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 06/23/2017 05:39 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
Having mentioned the TB subject, I also have "problems" with the upstream versions of TB I use when interacting with this mail list. TB has "reply", "reply all" and "reply list", where "reply all" works as expected, whereas if I use "reply" to say respond to your email then that build the reply to send it to you and not the mailing list, so to reply to the mailing list I have to use "reply list", and I have never been able to work out why and whether its a mailing list issue or a TB issue.

It seems to be a recent change to the list that the reply-to is now set to the original sender instead of the list address. But thanks to you mentioning the reply to list option in TB, I just noticed that button and then found the shortcut key is CTRL-SHIFT-L for that. I will train myself to use that in future.

I just checked the email headers and the reply-to still points to the list! I have discovered that it is a change in TB after all. That is rather annoying. See https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/52.0/releasenotes/ :

"When replying to a mailing list, reply will be sent to address in From header ignoring Reply-to header"

Sorry for blaming the mailing list...