On 02/07/17 09:21, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 07/02/17 15:02, Mark wrote:
Is it just for me that VLC has stopped working with latest upgrade?
When I open a media file it will play the audio but not the video and
in the log there is

vlc.desktop[22216]: [00007f5298001080] xcb vout display error: window
not available

Totem doesn't have any problem playing the same media files. My VLC
version is 3.0.0-0.28.git20170622.fc25

Running the same version as you on F25 with KDE as my desktop

Just played files of these types....

Lion.2016.mp3.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 720 x 304, ~30 fps, video:
XviD,
audio: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (stereo, 48000 Hz)

Breaking Bad - S01E01 - Pilot.m4v: ISO Media, MP4 v2 [ISO 14496-14]

In your preferences, under Video what is your output set to?  Mine is
"Automatic"

I recently installed a new video card on my f25 box, upgrading to the current nvidia 375.66, iirc. Displays are a vga monitor and hdmi TV, configured as adjacent in a single display surface. vlc starts with audio visualisation enabled in a third window - don't remember which physical screen it appeared on. rpmfusion list, 25 June.