On 07/02/2017 07:43 PM, William Mattison wrote:
On May 19, I started a thread called "ACPI errors (was: f24 boot fails; need
help)".  The error messages that I reported there showed up during the boot process
as well as in the journalctl log.  For a while in June, they showed up during the boot
process in a small font.  Now they show up in a big font.  That's an example of what I'm
wanting to display in a small font.  This would allow more of the line (and more lines)
to fit on the screen.  Since they showed up in a small font for a while last month, it
must be possible.  Here's my /etc/default/grub file:
---------------
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="$(sed 's, release .*$,,g' /etc/system-release)"
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="rd.md=0 rd.lvm=0 rd.dm=0  rd.luks=0 vconsole.keymap=us rhgb
quiet nouveau.modeset=0 rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau video=vesa:off
modprobe.blacklist=nouveau"
#GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"
GRUB_THEME="/boot/grub2/themes/system/theme.txt"
GRUB_DISABLE_SUBMENU=true
GRUB_GFXMODE=1920x1080,1600x900,1280x720,1024x576,auto
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep
Any ideas?

Is that what you had in the file before? I expect that those settings will force the kernel to use real text mode with the standard 80x25 characters when booting instead of switching to a graphical console where it can use a smaller font. Why do you have the "video=vesa:off" parameter? Is the grub font different now than it was before as well?