On 07/11/2017 11:59 AM, Sherman Grunewagen wrote:
Two questions:

(1) Is anyone here running a late version of Fedora on the new
     Dell Precision 7520 (or 5520)?

I'm running Fedora 25 on a Precision 5520.  I did get the Core i5 CPU
and the 1080p screen, because I didn't want to mess with NVIDIA drivers
and/or Optimus.

(2) I ordered the 7520 with a cheap disk drive. It will come with Ubuntu installed. I intend to replace the drive with a M.2 PCIe 1TB SSD card (Samsung PM961). How do I do a "disk copy" to the SDD so that the machine will boot Ubuntu from it? (Once I confirm things are working, I will blow away Ubuntu and install F25 if
     the answer to (1) is not negative.

The easiest way will be to boot from a "live CD" on a USB thumdrive and
copy the disk contents (or significant parts thereof) to a USB SDD or
over the network.