On 13/07/17 11:00, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 07/13/17 17:56, John Pilkington wrote:

I just looked:  I have vlcrc, vlcrc.txt and vlcrc1.txt, the two latest both from
June and partly related to my recent installation of a new nVidia card.

Each file is > 85 Kb of almost entirely commented out options.  I looked at a
diff,
and then tried "cat vlvrc | grep -v \#", but that still gives a fairly dilute
output dominated by empty lines.  I'm no grep expert.

But I do see 'audio-visual=glspectrum' - and it's on-screen too.

FWIW, I got rid of all the blank lines first with

sed -i '/^$/d' vlcrc

Thanks, Ed.  Or, as I see from

http://sed.sourceforge.net/sed1line.txt,

cat vlcrc | grep '.' | grep -v \#