On 07/13/17 13:39, Samuel Sieb wrote:
Which method did you use?
.
I assume I did the same as most people, followed instructions I found from Fedora Project. However I never use Gnome, that's always an adventure, but I think I was able to manage there, I had no success starting from xfce.
A problem with gedit would be a red flag for me to be investigated before continuing.
.
Perhaps a poor choice but there was a conflict between some files and that seemed routine, I always install gedit if it's not there already.

I have no idea what that would be, although you don't mention if you rebooted anywhere along the way.
.
I assume I am looking at the same screens as everyone else, I suppose color might be affected by the theme selected but I never reconfigure anything in Gnome. After the requested reboot for the upgrade a window pops up for a few seconds, this morning I clicked on it before it went away and it appeared the upgrade was progressing, got the blank screen with a spinning wheel for a while then the window I can't read with the "download" button I am questioning.

I think I will just leave it as it is until after midnight when I have five hours of usage not charged against my account.

What I was hoping is that I could click the download button and get away with a short update that I could do now but I guess it can wait.

Thanks for reading my message.

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD