On 07/26/2017 08:01 AM, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
I have an 8GB USB 3.0 key drive on which I want to install F26 Live
with room for an overlay and a home directory. I used

Your command doesn't include creating the home directory.

     livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr --overlay-size-mb 2048
     Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-26-1.5.iso /dev/sda

First, are you sure that you want to write to /dev/sda?

and that does nothing and returns no error or status message, just a
prompt. I have discovered that it is the --overlay-size-mb option that
causes the no-op return. Without that, the command behaves as expected,
prompting me to confirm that all data on the drive will be destroyed.

I just tried it and it worked. Have you tried different sizes for the overlay? What version of livecd-tools do you have?