On Thu, 2017-08-03 at 13:08 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:

> Check the session manager, too and/or its settings. I just installed
> LXQt and logged in using it. Both who and users worked fine for me.
>
> Oh, and please don't top-post.

This is getting stranger and stranger!
I just finished a fresh install on another machine and tested
immediately after install: neither 'who' nor 'users' worked.
Tried again after update 300+ packages and again: no success!

But the install didn't quite work OK. After the install and
clicking QUIT the boot had to wait a couple of minutes to
proceed: 'a start job is running for initial setup and configuration'.
But eventually I reached the desktop.

After update of the 300+ packages a reboot resulted in a black screen.
The panel was visible so I could work with terminal/applications but
without background, just black screen.

If I remember correctly lxqt did not get much(any?) attention
from QA. I give up for the moment, wasted enough time on a
'try out' allready. I don't use lxqt, just wanted to see if it
would work on an old notebook that I don't use anymore.

AV