On 08/01/2017 10:51 PM, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
In the past I tried also with gnome-tweak-tool, but (as well I had some success then) actually it Is not clear for me how they work

I hoped to find something a little more simple using the commands line xdg-desktop-xxx.

Do you know in what way gnome-tweak-tool have a connection with the commands line xdg-desktop-xxx ??

As Ed asked, what are you expecting to happen? By default, Gnome doesn't even have an applications menu, so what are you trying to accomplish?