On 08/08/17 14:50, Rick Stevens wrote:
So, yes, you're using UEFI to boot. All you need to do is edit the
/boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg file and remove the "rhgb quiet" bit and
reboot. You should be fine.

Note that on your next kernel upgrade, however, the "rhgb quiet" will
reappear unless you edit the /etc/default/grub file and those bits from
the "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX" variable in there as well.

+

Well that seems to have achieved the desired end. I'll see what happens after the next kernel upgrade, hopefully it will remain.

"So based on that, no it doesn't look at /etc/default/grub. However,
grub2-mkconfig does seem to consult it. I suppose you could remove it
from both /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg AND /etc/default/grub."

I had already done that routine on "/etc/default/grub" and rhgb quiet was
already gone from that.

Anyway I rebooted and it worked as expected, the boot data shows instead of the egg and
"f".

Thanks for the help.

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA