On 8/8/17 7:48 AM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 08/07/2017 02:40 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
     I tried looking at the properties of the thunderbird shortcut, clicked on the text icon to navigate to where the thunderbird icons were and re-selected the icon, but that made no difference to the icon displayed. Why is the upgrade from F25 to F26 now refusing to display proper icons for the shortcuts?

Try turning on the executable permission.

That shouldn't be necessary, they were all executable before the upgrade, so they should still be executable after the upgrade, and they still are.

Since I posted this mail I've had a further development on this front. I have now discovered that with the upgrade to F26, Gnome, unlike KDE, has marked every application on the Gnome desktop as untrusted, so before I can actually run them I have tell Gnome to trust and launch them. Having done this Gnome then displays icons for the application (which I might add Dolphin displayed by default when navigating to the desktop directory), but not necessarily the icon that was displayed before the upgrade.

Why is Gnome in F26 marking all applications on the desktop as untrusted, and from my perspective, for no good reason?

Is it possible that this is because I had to do both the dnf system-upgrade and required reboot afterwards twice before Fedora would actually install the 2500 - 3000 files?

regards,

Steve