Over the last week I have observed several problems with how F25 runs on my laptop.

Issue 1: The system does not suspend on lid closed. I have an external monitor attached to it and I can continue working on the system despite the lid being closed. When I run gnome-tweak-tool and indicates the system should suspend on lid closed. I have attached the png image of the gnome-tweak-tool screen.

Issue 2: Back in the F24 days and even prior to that I filed a bug (1389019) which states that when I boot my laptop on battery and login the power status applet is not displayed in the MATE top menu bar. It does show up when I plug the AC cord in. This problem has now gotten worse. The power applet is no longer displayed regardless of what I try. I have had to re-open this bug since it was without it ever being fixed.

Issue 3: I run the MATE desktop and so I also run the mate-screensaver. This is configured to display pictures from my Pictures directory. Under the the "Power Management" screen it is configured to suspend on lid closed and to put the display to sleep after 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the display is not put to sleep, the pictures from the Pictures directory continue to be displayed.

Issue 4: If I close the lid prior to the screen saver kicking in, wait a minute and then lift the lid my session resumes without being asked to enter a password. This to me is a serious security issue.

I have installed updates as of 8/15/2017

None of these issues existed a couple of months ago, except for maybe the suspend issue. It has been a recurring problem getting the system to suspend on lid closed. Sometimes it works other times it doesn't and I've made no changes :-(

Has anyone else seen these issues?

As a side note why is there no equivalent to gnome-tweak-tool for the MATE desktop? When I run gnome-tweak-tool under MATE I get these errors:

[pgaltieri@terrapin ~]$ gnome-tweak-tool
WARNING : Shell not installed or running
WARNING : Shell not running
None
WARNING : Error detecting shell
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtweak/tweaks/tweak_group_shell_extensions.py", line 275, in __init__
    raise Exception("Shell not running or DBus service not available")
Exception: Shell not running or DBus service not available

Of these issues Issue 2 is probably the most critical. If I'm running on battery I want to see how much time I have left before the battery power is consumed. I know I can use the upower command to find this out, but that is not a satisfactory solution.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Paolo