On Thu, 2018-01-04 at 13:06 +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> Ah, I see: I missed that in your first message - sorry. But if dnf
> upgrades work, your concerns about not being not be able to upgrade
> the next major version of Fedora might be not necessary: there's some
> upgrade version for dnf that worked for me upgrading from F24 -> F25
> ->F26. I've used this Fedora HowTo:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF_system_upgrade

I borrowed a good camera from a friend and managed to actually capture
the messages that the system writes when I try to do a Gnome Software
restart & update routine. Right after it writes 'Installing updates;
this could take a while...' it writes

Command failed
Kernel not configured for semaphores (System V IPC). Not using udev
synchronization code.
Device-mapper: remove ioctl on fedora-root failed: Device or resourcebusy