On 02/01/2018 07:34 PM, Joseph Loo wrote:
On 02/01/2018 01:35 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 02/01/2018 05:44 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 13:46:05 +0100
Frédéric wrote:

I would like to arrows/shapes + text on pictures. What is the best
tool for that? With gimp, it is easy to add text but the arrow is
difficult. Any tool?

Gimp works for me:

Find an arrow you like in an image with a transparent background,
paste as new layer, move around and rotate as you please.

This is what I would use as well.  Make sure the arrow image has a
decent resolution and it's pretty easy to resize and move it around.

have you look at ArowCreator and arrow.scm python script and tool
extension for gimp?

That looks like a really useful extension!
https://www.anhsblog.com/adding-arrow-plugin-in-gimp/