Hi Gordon,

>> Is there a way to disable SATA link power management at the kernel command
>> line?
>
> Start by checking the value of
> /sys/class/scsi_host/*/link_power_management_policy

I do / did - the value is changing depending whether the laptop is on
battery or wall power.
When on wall power, it is set to maximum-performance and I don't get
any errors, otherwise the SATA errors start to appear.

Because the value is changed depending on power state (maybe by udev
scripts), it doesn't make sence to set it statically.

What I wonder - weren't those changes targeted for Fedora-28?
How did they slip into F27?

Best regards, Clemens

PS: I am running the machine now with SATA mode set to IDE in BIOS,
which defeats all the power management issues.