On 02/13/18 04:21, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> I have just noticed that most of my systems now have their Ethernet interfaces
> running at 100 MBits/s half duplex rather than the expected 1GBits/s.
>
> I think some update has caused this to happen, probably about 5 days ago
> (noticed
> something was slow). These are KDE/Plasma GUI systems but I'm not sure if
> this is
> due to a change in KDE/Plasma, NetworkManager or something else.
>
> The KDE/Plasma NeworkManager settings GUI interface now has an "Allow
> auto-negotiation" checkbox which I don't think was there before and there is
> now
> the entry ETHTOOL_OPTS="autoneg on" in the
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*
> file if you set it. It appears that the default setting is 100MBits/s half
> duplex
> rather than auto negotiate...

All of my bare metal systems are KDE only.  All of them are fully update.  All
of
them are running at....

        Speed: 1000Mb/s
        Duplex: Full

The "Allow auto-negotiation" box has been there for as long as I can recall.
As a
matter of fact, there was (maybe still is) a bug that prevents saving
configuration
changes if that box is not checked.

What are the systems connected to?  You may want to reset it?

--
A motto of mine is: When in doubt, try it out