On 14/2/18 12:34 am, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 02/13/18 20:51, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. The repo name misled me into thinking it was
an official Fedora one.

Understandable.  IMO, they should be discouraged from using the "fedora" name
for
that very reason.

Hi Ed, just my 2 cents worth, I have the same setup as Patrick, and like Patrick I use the negativo17 repositories for Nvidia (I found rpmfusion to be not reliable enough with their binary files for nvidia), but I'm also using their repositories for Handbrake and Steam. I didn't have any issues with the repository name of Fedora-Multimedia, to me it was obvious what it was. Negativo17 supports multiple distributions and to me it makes perfect sense to name the repositories for the distribution they are for, the only source of potential confusion could be where he uses the same repository name for different versions of the same distribution.

This is just my opinion and other people may have a completely different view.

regards,

Steve