Il giorno lun, 12/02/2018 alle 03.03 +0000, Christopher ha scritto:
> So... I just did a fresh install of F27, and I can't seem to find
> tracker-preferences, so I can disable the annoying document indexer
> that keeps crawling my drives. Anybody have any insight into why this
> is missing from F27, or a workaround to effectively disable the
> thing?

Then I'm not the only one to find annoying tracker ... useful like a
bee into helmet.

as it is not possible to remove it, I disable tracker globally for all
users:

$ sudo dnf remove tracker-miners

$ sudo sed -i 's/X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=.*/X-GNOME-Autostart-
enabled=false/' /etc/xdg/autostart/tracker-store.desktop

$ yes|LANG=C tracker reset --hard

Note: when tracker will be update, the /etc/xdg/autostart/tracker-
store.desktop file it will not replaced and the new desktop file will
be renamed with .rpmnew extension

Hope this help

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 27 Workstation)