On Fri, 2018-03-02 at 10:49 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 12:00:14PM +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > Is there any other justification for it? And why do messages to this
> > list no longer include a URL pointing at the archives (probably not
> > specifically a HK problem but still).
>

> They do -- it's just in the header. For example:

> This is one of the nice things about the new setup, for what it's
> worth. The old archiver did not have persistent links to individual
> messages. (If we had to remove one from the archive for privacy law or
> other legal reasons, _all newer messages that month_ shifted in number,
> making any links to them wrong.) This link is persistent and generated
> when the mail is sent.

So a hidden link which is not clickable. However I wasn't in fact
talking about a link to the individual message, which IIRC we never had
in the old version either. I mean a static pointer to the Archives page
or more usefully to the general list information page, which is what
one would expect to see labelled as "users mailing list" rather than
the mailto: link which is actually there.

poc