People,

See inline responses:

On 2018-03-25 22:08, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2018-03-24 at 17:13 -0700, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 03/21/2018 02:52 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
> I've worked in seven different organizations, they all happened to use
> Lotus Notes as their mail system, which also defaults to top posting,
> but it was a rule in every organization that mail must be top posted.
> Their view was that having to trawl through mails to find responses is a
> time waster, therefore people will not be allowed to do it, hence
> particularly with high level managers, they applied the convention that
> if you did not top post they wouldn't read your mail. If I'm honest it

I've had situations where I've replied to people at various places and
received no answer.  And when I went to ask them why, they said I just
sent them an empty email. I asked them to show me so they click on the
email.  Of course my text is below the part immediately visible in the
little preview window, so they assumed that I hadn't written anything.

Some people need educating. You could also insert [See below] at the
top, for the more obtuse readers.

I use the above to make sure people don't miss one or more separate responses to specific points.

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades