Allegedly, on or about 22 May 2018, Tom Horsley sent:
> Of course I'll still need my reboot script to umount -l nfs
> filesystems to keep systemd from spending 5 hours timing out trying
> to talk to systems that have gone down :-).

That's why I went with autofs, rather than fstab entries.  They're only
mounted on demand, and automatically dismount after a little while.

And it only gets worse when you have several NFS mounts.  I used to
just have a central server, and that wasn't too bad.  But when you add
in NAS devices, or clients that have individual exports, it gets really
messy to handle shutdowns, or IP changes.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 4.16.7-100.fc26.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 2 21:45:56 UTC 2018 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.
There is no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see

Television should really come with an intelligence knob.  I've tried
adjusting the brightness, but it didn't help.