On 06/13/2018 06:24 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
On 14/06/18 00:25, Gordon Messmer wrote:
These wont' work at all.  Their video is driven by a display adapter called DisplayLink that has no X11 or Wayland drivers that I'm aware of.

Actually, Display Link did release a driver
    http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/ubuntu.php
I tested in on ubuntu 16.04 i386 and it works.

...OK, but I wouldn't even consider a binary-only driver.

I'd also note that there are a *lot* of these docks in use with MacBooks where I work, and driver compatibility is holding up security updates.  They don't work in the current release of OS X. It isn't clear when or if that'll be resolved, or if we'll have to replace them all.

Generally, my advice remains: Avoid anything with DisplayLink.  It's not worth the hassle.