Sorry, I wasn't entirely clear there, I meant the major components (GFX,
CPU family etc) rather than down to any particular board rev, although It's
not really been out that long, so there's probably not been any revs yet.

My kids decided they'd bother my wife at the grocery store, so I dd get a
chance to re-install and pull some logs before I try installing the
graphics drivers again

So to start this again, in the proper manner:

Dell XPS 15 9570
i7 8th Gen
GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
1TB SSD
32GB RAM
4K touchscreen

BIOS changes from default:
Secureboot off
Drive Controller ACPI (From RAID)
Powershare on (For charging USB devices)
Turn off WiFi when Wired LAN connected

Booted from USB the latest download of the KDE spin

Added dis_ucode_ldr and nomodeset=1 to grub otherwise it won't successfully
boot.

Installed to blank SSD, custom partitioning with encryption.
Allocated a bit more space to / from /home.

Installed.

Laptop boots successfully and appears stable.

nomodeset=1 has seemingly persisted from the install.

I ran dnf update to make sure everything was up to date.

I pulled dmesg, lspci messages, and the X logs and dumped them all to
pastebin here:

https://pastebin.com/srDCLx8N

My next step will be to add the Fedora workstation repo and attempt to
install the nVidia drivers from there, following the guide here:

https://rpmfusion.org/Howto/NVIDIA

Before I do is there any other diagnostics, tests logs etc I should pull
before I beginning for before/after comparison?

Thanks all.

Thomas