On 08/21/2018 12:39 AM, Thomas Letherby wrote:
> Doesn't seem to have a monitor section, but this may be because it's a
> laptop so the nVidia and Intel gfx are interconnected, I also don't have
> a 98-monitor.conf file.
>
> Might have something to do with it...
>
> Restarting SDDM on another terminal just gets me the usual black screen.
>
> Installed the latest patches too just in case, no dice there either.

I ran into the same blank screen bug a while back on KDE spin of Fedora
with a Precision 7720 (Quadro P3000/Intel Graphics). I finally figured
out that adding the following options to /etc/sddm/Xsetup file and
leaving graphics switching on in the BIOS allowed SDDM to start normally
with the nVidia drivers:

xrandr --setprovideroutputsource modesetting NVIDIA-0
xrandr --auto

I haven't seen that suggested yet in the thread, if it has and I've
overlooked it my apologizes.

Leander