On 08/24/2018 02:18 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
On 08/24/2018 09:23 AM, Mike Wright wrote:

My *hunch* is that you are running firewalld and that the default rules for firewalld changed between RHEL and fedora.  Mind you, beneath firewalld lies, you guessed it, iptables.

Execute:

   firewall-cmd --state
   echo $?

$ firewall-cmd --state; echo $?
not running
252

I have to agree with Rick Stevens, "I can't imagine why Fedora would block FTP". I've never seen a desktop/laptop use the OUTPUT chain. Servers, yes.

Even though it seems unlikely that you are "boxed in" let's take a look at just what rules, if any, you have.

sudo iptables-save > iptables.rules

If iptables.rules is empty you are not running any type of firewall, in which case that cannot be the source of your connection problem. If there is content let's see it.

Note: I doubt that it's a firewall problem.

:m