On Tue, 2018-10-16 at 09:53 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 9:38 AM Doug H. <
> fedoraproject....@wombatz.com> wrote:
> > If you just want to get it installed so that you can play with it,
> > then
> > the installer can do the raid creation for you. I agree that there
> > is
> > value in learning to do it via mdadm before hand but that is really
> > not
> > required now.
> > I used vitual box to do a minimal install using:
> >
> > Fedora-Workstation-netinst-x86_64-28-1.1.iso
> >
> > I made all partitions raid0 just to test it.
> >
> > I used the custom disk setup option and created the below...
> > (nothing changed after install)
>
> Ok, so just to confirm, you do have to choose the bivlet-gui method
> of partitioning to setup RAID, correct?

Sorry, should have said. I did *not* use that mode since I have recent
experience using the regular "custom" option. I had recently done the
same test using raid1 so I was curious if 0 would also be allowed for
all partitions. I can't even remember if I have checked out the bivlet
thing yet so will give it a spin to see what it looks like.

For the regular/custom it is just a simple pull down that selects raid
levels among other options.

--
Doug H.