On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 9:56 PM ToddAndMargo via users
<users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> It is beyond me how Red Hat manages to so bugger up Fedora
> when they convert it to RHEL.

it's a big leap to go from "I don't like the choices that RH makes
regarding updates of RHEL vX packages to "bugger up Fedora!"

> If I were to speculate, I do believe it is the Open Source
> economic model coming to play. You give away to software
> and charge for the services. If you want something fixed,
> you have to pay for it.

I don't think that any RH client considers RHEL as being given away by
RH because the RHEL rpms and the RHEL licenses come hand in hand.

RH does give away its srpms (in git form these days) for anyone to
use, like CentOS and Scientific Linux.

It's a money and resource issue, of course! If a corporation with 10k
licenses had asked for your qemu problem to be fixed, it would've been
fixed.