On 11/10/18 3:12 PM, John Pilkington wrote:

I don't have f29 experience, but if you have previously used a proprietary mVidia driver and want to use nouveau, I suggest reinstalling nouveau and trying again.

Or install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-410.66-1.fc29 from rpmfusion-nonfree, or similar.

It has been my impression in the past that the most recently installed driver is likely to work but may disable earlier installations.

Thank you, John. I may not've been clear: There are no proprietary Nvidia drivers installed in F29, and were none on F28. Nouveau only in both cases, and they were working under F28.

Does 'dnf' installing the Nvidia driver do all the kernel stuff that's involved?

--
Tim Evans                       |5 Chestnut Court
443-394-3864                    |Owings Mills, MD 21117