On 11/11/18 12:34 PM, home user via users wrote:
 > > xclock -d -update 1 &
 >
 > Tried that.  It give me a one live date and time.  I could
 > not figure out how to get the date and time on separate lines.
 > Also the -24 switch did not work

The digital ("-d") option uses the 24-hour format by default. Regardless, the option for 24-hour format is "-twentyfour", not "-24".

Does that work for you? It doesn't work for me. I know that the man page says it should do that, but it always gave me 12 hour instead.

The "strftime" option wants "-n" for a newline.  But that seems to not work.  Like Samuel, I get an empty rectangle for the "%n".  I tried several "xclock" commands.  Each time, I get the warning message "Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion"  Is that a useful clue to why we can't get time and date on separate lines?

Unlikely. The problem is that xclock would have to interpret the newline character and isn't designed to do that.