On 11/12/18 1:49 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 11/12/18 7:36 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> Agent rejected 'redshift' for user '500'
>>>
>>> Full error message:
>>>      https://ibb.co/gNc8aA
>> Is the UID of the user trying to start redsift 500?
>>
> I just verified that that is not a problem since I created a user with
> UID=500 and
> redshift worked just fine.
>
> I did verify that I will get the error message you've shown if
> /usr/libexec/geoclue-2.0/demos/agent is not running.

Well, maybe the error message is somewhat different.

I've starting redshift from the command line after killing the agent and the
message is....

[maria@f29b-xfce ~]$ redshift
Trying location provider `geoclue2'...
Using provider `geoclue2'.
Using method `randr'.
Waiting for initial location to become available...
Unable to start GeoClue client:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied:
'redshift' disallowed, no agent for UID 500.
Access to the current location was denied by GeoClue!
Make sure that location services are enabled and that Redshift is permitted
to use location services. See https://github.com/jonls/redshift#faq for more
information.
Unable to get location from provider.

So, I get "no agent for UID 500" and your error message is "Agent rejected
'redshift' for
user '500".

Hummm.....

--
Fedora Users - The place to go to beat OT dead horses :-) :-)