Hi,

after installing the new Fedora 29 with Gnome 3.30 there is one really
annoying thing. Gnome-shell or gnome-files becomes extremely slow.

Nautilus used to load within one second (I use SSDs), the list of
folders and files appeared immediately. Also, when I would save
attachments from within Evolution, the dialogue appeared immediately.

Now, Nautilus still launches fast, but it takes a moment for the list of
folders and files to load. If I want to save attachments from within
Evolution, the third such operation in a row slows down the whole
system. I don't see in the save dialogue for some minutes anything. Than
folders and files (if there are any) appear slowly and the path gets
visible.

Did someone else observe this?

Thanks in advance
Tibor