On 11/15/18 3:00 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 11/15/2018 03:17 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> In Linux
>> case, it expects UTC. In Windows, it expects local time.
>
> I haven't had to deal with this for years, but if memory serves, there's
> a place where you can tell Linux that the hardware clock is in local
> time, not UTC.

Ah, yes, there is. You can select the mode when you install the system,
but the "system-config-date" utility offers a tickbox. By default, it's
ticked and that means "System clock uses UTC".

I also haven't done it in a while. This machine is F28, but started
life as F18 and has been continually updated since then. The same is
true for my other personal systems (they're current F28 or F29 and
started as F20 or earlier). For the last 25 years or so, 95% of the
machines I set up or use are Unix-esque in flavor, so I pretty much
always set up UTC on the hardware clock. Sort of second nature.