The F28 systemd is fine, and even the F29 is so if you do not use EFI boot. It
is the F29 systemd that has problems. Today, I had a different problem: my
system slowed down to a crawl for at least an hour. I think that the disk
decided to get checked in the background, but that is a guess. I have never
experienced something like this before.

F29 is the first upgrade I had problems with in my 15 years with Fedora and in
the roughly 10 years that we can do this on the fly from a previous version. I
am not sure why this turned out to be so.

Ranjan

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 12:15:51 -0700 Greg Woods <g...@gregandeva.net> wrote:

> I saw the same thing when upgrading from F27 to F28. "systemctl hibernate"
> just prints the "Failed to hibernate system via logind" error, and
> "pm-hibernate" (still around from F22 pm-utils) starts the shutdown and
> then hangs.
>
> In my case at least, it appears to be a kernel bug. The upgrade also moved
> from a 4.18 to a 4.19 kernel, but if I boot the old F27 kernel (4.18), even
> with the F28 systemd, then hibernate works again.
>
> --Greg
>

> On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 9:34 PM Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net> wrote:

> > > I suspect that you meant
> > >
> > > sudo sentenforce 0
> >
> > Oops, I should have checked the man page before posting.
> >
> > > But even then:
> > >
> > > $ systemctl hibernate
> > > Failed to hibernate system via logind: Resume not configured, can't
> > hibernate
> >
> > Then I guess it's not an selinux issue.  Hopefully someone responds to
> > the bug.

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on