On 01/14/2019 05:33 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
On 1/14/19 12:41 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
.
Does anyone have experience with software for use with Amcrest cameras.
I am able to view the rtsp video with vlc and Fedora 29 but that does
not provide control for the other functions such as pan and tilt.

We can control them with an iPhone or iPad but I would like to do it
from my Linux desktop.
I've got similar devices (the Foscam 9831W versions). I use ZoneMinder
(ZM) and I can get them to pan and tilt using ZM.

I haven't tried to do it outside ZM, but ZM uses Perl scripts to do the
control ops. My guess is you could borg those scripts to do what you
wish. ZoneMinder is available from the repos.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, AllDigital    ri...@alldigital.com -
-   "Do you suffer from long-term memory loss?"  "I don't remember"  -
-                            -- Chumbawumba, "Amnesia" (TubThumping) -